Thursday 24 December 2015

Marks & Spencer's Count on us Jaffa Dessert review


Not that its worth watching your waistline this time of year but I had this sitting in the fridge a few weeks ago now and thought I would be a little good before I consume my own bodyweight in cheese, turkey and chocolate.


As you can see there were defined layers of mandarin jelly, vanilla & chocolate mousse and a chocolate custard type layer. I may be bias because I really like chocolatey-orange things but I thought this was really quite nice. The jelly definitely tasted more of mandarin than orange but this just meant that it was a little sweeter. The custard layer had a nice amount of gooey-ness and was really quite a rich chocolate flavour while the mousse was light to compensate. I can't say it was as tasty as an ordinary full fat dessert but for a low fat option it certainly hit the spot and I can imagine for anyone on a diet, this would be a real life saver.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the 'new improved' version of this once delicious dessert? Absolutely ruined...why do M&S also change the recipe and wreck the product?? They did this with their fuller longer Thai red curry - now inedible brown muck :-(

    ReplyDelete