Saturday 26 December 2015

GU Maple & Pecan Pies review


 
 
Well Christmas is over for another year and so a few reviews coming up of goodies I have been indulging in over the holidays. To start with these Maple & Pecan Pies by GU. I have never bought a GU product before so was excited o see why they are so popular.
 
 
They come in individual glass containers which was really convenient. I opened the lid and it looked appetising but nothing spectacular. I tasted it and am now a GU convert. It was a cheesecake not a pie in all honesty so some people may be disappointed but I found it thick and creamy but not too heavy. The flavours were very subtle and it was difficult to detect either the maple or pecan but both added an extra depth which was delicious. The base was very crumbly and here I could notice the pecan flavour and texture slightly. The maple taste was in the cream cheese itself and just added a very slight sweetness. These made a perfect, easy dessert for when you just want a little pick me up and I can't wait to try the rest of the range. 


No comments:

Post a Comment