Tuesday 29 December 2015

Costa Gluten Free Pecan Pies review


In case I hadn't made it clear, I have been trying to work through Costa's 2015 festive range and I continued my tasting session with these gluten free pecan pies. I very rarely buy any of the packaged snacks from Costa but there was very little stock so thought I would try these. I was worried they were going to be dry as the pastry looked really thick, however once cut in half the pastry on the bottom and sides of the pies was very thin and they were filled with the pie centre. This was a delicious maple sponge that was surprisingly moist with a sweet pecan on the top. I m not gluten intolerant but would happily buy these again as they were sweet and nutty. I can imagine that for those who do require a gluten free diet that these would e a more than welcomed treat to Costa's range.

No comments:

Post a Comment