Sunday 24 June 2018

Propercorn Chocolate review

I am  a massive fan of the entire Propercorn range and so couldn't wait to try out this new chocolate variety. With only 1wy calories per 26g bag, these are also a pretty guilt free snack. This fairtrade opcorn is gluten free, suitable for vegetarians, made from all natural seasonings and dusted with cocoa and demerara sugar.


I opened the bag to see plenty of dark brown popcorn pieces. There was a slightly earthy cocoa smell which wasn't what I expected but then again having never tasted chocolate popcorn, I didn't really know what to expect! This bag of popcorn had the usual crunchiness that I know i can always count on Peppercorn for. The flavour however was quite surprising because it was nowhere near as sweet as I imagined a chocolate flavoured popcorn would be. The flavour was more of a raw cocoa and so although not unpleasant, it just wasn't the sweet chocolatey snack that I imagined this would be.


In all honesty this is probably my least favourite flavour from the Peppercorn range bit even so I happily finished off the bag. It wasn't sweet but it also wasn't savoury so I'm just not sure where this fits. Although slightly more-ish I can't say that I am rushing to pick this up again. Having said that, I think that anyone who is a fan of rich and authentic cocoa flavours would love this and even though it wasn't my favourite variety, I'm still glad I tried it and it made for a bit of a novelty treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment