Tuesday 12 June 2018

Marks & Spencer's Coconut Chicken & Mango Sunshine Wrap review

Around this time of year, M&S always release a new range of summer themed wraps and I have been keeping my eye out for them. This year, one of the new additions is this coconut chicken and mango wrap. Although I'm not the biggest fan of mango, my love for both coconut and M&S meant that I had no hesitation on picking this up when I needed an easy on the go lunch. Consisting of a pumpkin tortilla, chicken, coconut chutney, spinach and a coconut & lime mayonnaise it didn't even sound like the mango was a dominant flavour in this wrap and I was looking forward to trying it.


Opening the packaging up I think the mixture of bright, vibrant colours explains why this is labelled a "sunshine" wrap. It was also filled with mixed beans, some mango salsa and couscous. Its fair to say that M&S did not scrimp on the filling as the wrap was packed and I was impressed by the large chunks of juicy chicken. The best way to describe the flavour of this wrap, is to liken it to a Thai green curry. It didn't taste as I expected it to but it was still delicious and the more I ate, the more I realised it tasted exactly like a Thai green curry in a wrap.


I loved the combination of all of the different ingredients from the beans and chicken which provided a little heat, to the cool coconut lime mayonnaise and sweet mango chutney. All of the ingredients tasted fresh and this even count towards one of your five a day! The ingredients are also all sourced from Great Britain but even with all of these extra bonus's aside, this was a filling and tasty lunch that I cant wait to have again. I highly recommend trying this whilst its around and it is an ideal flavoursome lunch for a hot (and rare) summers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment