Thursday 19 October 2017

Yo Sushi Albacore Tuna Nigiri review

Being a massive sushi lover, its hard to believe that I have never visited Yo Sushi seeing as it is one of the most popular sushi restaurant chains around. You take a seat and can either pick an item off the conveyer belt or ask for it to be made fresh in front of you. The dished are all on different coloured plated symbolising the prices of the item. This Tuna Nigiri is just an item I chose to ease myself in with to figure our how the whole system worked. This is one of the smallest and cheapest  items available from Yo Sushi and consists of quick seared Albacore tuna served on sushi rice and topped with truffle ponzu and spring onions.


The dish came perfectly presented and so I picked up my chopsticks to take a bite. The tuna was soft and flaky, practically falling apart in my mouth. The rice was soft with a slight stickiness just as sushi rice should be. This is far from the most exciting dish on the menu but it was still pretty delicious and is a good base to start on. This dish allowed me to see that the sushi was of a good quality and all tasted pretty fresh and it was even nicer seeing it be made fresh in front of me. I tried some other dishes after this that were absolutely great and more unusual than this Nigiri but based on this experience of Yo Sushi, I would definitely return.

No comments:

Post a Comment