Monday 3 April 2017

Popchips Ridges Smoky Bacon review

Popchips have been around for a while now and with everyone a little more focused on healthy eating they have become increasingly popular. I saw these Popchips ridges in my local store in smoky bacon flavour and I think that these are a new product since I haven't seen them before. The packet states that these contain only 99 calories per bag and since I don't think I have seen a lighter version of a bacon flavoured snack before I was eager to give them a try.


Although bacon crisps are a favourite of a lot of people, I personally find them a bit hit or miss. The bacon flavour can often be too full on and artificial tasting and so I hoped that this wouldn't be the case. I opened the bag and saw that the chips had the same light and almost "puffy" Popchips texture but they were very chunky in size with clear thick ridges. They were coated in a dark orange like dusting and there were actually a fair amount of chips in the bag. The smell was full on smoky bacon and so I was worried that I was going to find the flavour of these a little too intense but I tucked in anyway optimistically.


The flavour of these Popchips ridges was indeed "smoky" but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed them. The flavour was quite full on as I expected but the balance between the bacon and the smokiness was pretty good and stopped them from tasting too artificial. The texture was exactly as you would expect. A combination of light and crunchy but I really enjoyed the addition of the wave-y ridges. I think that any bacon fans out there will love these especially if you are trying to eat a little better. I think that these are a great new addition to the Popchips range and would definitely pick these up again if I had a craving for a meaty flavoured snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment