Wednesday 1 March 2017

Kettle Bites Sweet Chilli Lentil Curls review

I have enjoyed all of the kettle bites range that I have tried and so I am currently still working through the newer varieties that have been released. I previously tried and reviewed the sea salt and peppercorn wholegrain bites but today I decided to try these sweet chilli lentil curls. I have also previously reviewed the mozzarella and pesto lentil curls which are a regular purchase of mine and so I hoped that these would be just as good.


There seemed to be an impressive amount of lentil curls in the bag which I was pleased about considering these only contain 94 calories and many companies reduce the calorie count by offering tiny portions. Like the other varieties from the kettle bites range, the bag stated that these lentil curls have 50% less fat than standard crisps so no need to feel guilty when you fancy a savoury snack. These curls had a good crunch to them and I really enjoyed the texture. The flavour was predominantly sweet chilli which was mild but still had a fair hit of heat. I could also really notice a strong flavour of lime which confused me but when I took another look at the packet there was a picture of a lime. This actually worked really well with the flavour and I thought that the combination of the lime and the sweet chilli made for a very tasty snack.


Yet again I was impressed with the kettle bites range and this new addition is just as good as the other varieties. These curls have a good amount of heat but also a nice zesty flavour due to the lime and I would highly recommend these. The fact that these are low in fat and calories just makes them even better and I am now even more eager to try any flavours that I haven't yet tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment