Saturday 25 February 2017

Tesco Finest Millionaires Desserts review

Millionaire desserts when done well are without a doubt my ultimate indulgence. I saw that Tesco had their version of these desserts as a part of their finest range. Described as having caramel mousse and sauce, with a shortbread crumb, Belgian chocolate ganache and a chocolate triangle to decorate, these sounded very similar to M&S's version which is utterly delicious and very hard to top. Considering that I enjoyed the strawberry and prosecco variety if these desserts so much I thought that it be worth at least trying these desserts to see how they compared.


The shortbread crumb was very similar to their other variety. It was very crumbly, light and not too thick. The caramel mousse was also very light and sweet which is maybe why the caramel sauce didn't seem to have a lot of flavour. This could however also be because the layer of sauce was quite thin. The Belgian chocolate ganache on the other hand was much thicker than I expected which a rich chocolate flavour. It wasn't the most intense chocolate flavour ganache that I have tasted but was a slightly lighter and sweeter version than many other brands.


The chocolate triangle on top made for a pretty decoration and the overall result of the dessert was sweet and tasty. If I'm completely honest this has nothing on the M&S millionaires dessert and I actually preferred the strawberry and prosecco version that Tesco produced. Despite this, it was still  very nice dessert than any millionaire's fan will happily chow down I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment