Thursday 1 December 2016

Propercorn Crunch Corn Rock Salt review

Popcorn is probably my favourite snack but one of my pet hates is all of the little un-popped pieces at the bottom of the bag. This is why I have put off trying this Crunch Corn despite Propercorn being one of my favourite brands. This snack has been made as an alternative to nuts and is made up of half popped popcorn. I figured I may as well try the rock salt variety first as this would probably give me the most authentic taste of the half popped pieces.


I was slightly worried that the pieces were going to be so hard and tiny that I would have problems picking them up and that they would hurt my teeth. When opening the bag, I saw that the pieces were much more substantial than I was expecting and also a lot lighter. I tried the first piece and absolutely loved them. The texture is almost that of a small, soft pork scratching. It was incredibly crunchy but without being so hard that it hurt my teeth to bite through.


The flavour was also impressive. The pieces of half popped popcorn themselves tasted almost buttery but the rock salt flavour was very bold. Although the bag itself was quite small these were really filling and I only have myself to blame for waiting so long to try them. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who is a fan of salty snacks and if you are normally a nut person, I would imagine that these would make a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment