Thursday 22 December 2016

Krispy Kreme UK Gingerbread Ring Doughnut review

I have missed out on a few of Krispy Kreme's limited edition doughnuts recently and so I was determined to start working my way through their festive range. Ginger is the one spice that I avoid like the plague and whenever I can taste it the product it is in is completely ruined for me. I have been determined this year to get past my hatred of ginger so that I can enjoy all the spiced Christmas treats available. Gingerbread was the obvious place to start but I didn't know if I was ready to tackle this and so when I saw that Krispy Kreme had released a doughnut that had ginger flavoured icing and a caramelised biscuit crumb it sounded ideal.


The doughnut itself didn't smell too strongly of ginger and had the famous Krispy Kreme glaze. The texture of the doughnut was as light and crisp as usual with the caramelised biscuit tasting of the lotus biscuits that Krispy Kreme often use. This also added an extra crunch that was really enjoyable. Now for the ginger..... in all honesty it was actually pretty mild and I found this doughnut really tasty. The ginger flavour was noticeable yet subtle and the overall taste more of a sweet spice than full on gingerbread. I would happily buy this doughnut again and think that this may be the ideal way for me to ease myself into being a gingerbread lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment