Wednesday 28 September 2016

Marks and Spencer's Wood Fired Pizza Ultra Thin Pollo Primavera review

Well the name of this pizza sure is a mouthful so I wont even attempt to say it. I have been eyeing up this pizza for a while when I read the description which is a chicken, sautéed spinach, asparagus and parmigiana reggiano pizza with pea and mint puree, lemon and basil. This is all featured on an ultra thin base and sounded pretty classy. The only thing that has been putting me off is the thought of a green pizza. I was worried that it would taste somewhat healthy and if I am having a pizza, I like it to taste a little bit naughty.


I cooked the pizza and it was remarkably long and thin which meant that the outside of this pizza crisped up perfectly in the oven without tasting burnt. I took my first bite and am annoyed that it took me so long to try this pizza because it was delicious. The marinated chicken was flavoursome and soft, The sautéed spinach was delicious and absorbed the flavour of the puree amazingly well. Now as for that puree, wow! This is what really made the pizza! It basically tasted of a creamy pesto and although I couldn't really detect the flavour of pea, the texture and ever so slightly minted garlic flavour meant that I didn't even care. The parmigiana was creamy and mild in flavour and although there wasn't a lot of it, it added another layer of flavour to the pizza that I really appreciated.


I thoroughly enjoyed this pizza and it made a nice change to have a pizza without the typical tomato base and mozzarella cheese. This was thin and perfectly crispy which meant that I was full afterwards but it didn't feel too heavy. The flavours were strong and delicious yet at the same time pretty delicate. I would highly recommend this pizza to any pesto lovers out there as this is a unique pizza that felt much more sophisticated than most pizza's available from supermarket shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment