Sunday 14 August 2016

Haagen-Dahz Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream review

Haagen-Dahz is one of the top quality ice creams available from supermarkets. It is probably the main rival to Ben and Jerrys however the more sophisticated flavours of Haagen-Dahz is mainly what differentiates between the to brands. Haagen-Dahz flavours are generally much simpler however this means that the quality of the ice cream has to be good. Described as a dense New York style cheesecake with strawberry sauce swirls and crunchy biscuit pieces, this strawberry cheesecake ice cream sounded right up my street. I found a pack of 4 100ml pots to try and prevent myself from demolishing a hole pot.


I opened the lid and saw that the pot contained a small plastic spoon for convenience. The ice cream smelt quite sweet but I couldn't see a strawberry swirl or biscuit pieces throughout. I tasted the vanilla ice cream and it was probably one of the creamiest ice creams I have ever had. As I continued to get further into the pot the strawberry swirl was revealed which was very sweet but worked really well against the richness of the vanilla. The biscuit pieces were quite large and soft. There were plenty throughout which I was incredibly glad about as these were probably my favourite part.


Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this ice cream, especially in this convenient 100ml sized pot. The ice cream tasted very luxurious and although its pretty pricey compared to supermarket alternatives, I can justify the price due to the rich and creamy taste. This variety with the strawberry swirl and biscuit pieces added a sweetness and an extra bite to the texture which made this ice cream even better. If your willing to fork out and treat yourself to a sweet and indulgent ice cream, then this version of Haagen-Dahz is definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment