Friday 12 August 2016

Asda Peanut Butter Cheesecakes review

A peanut butter cheesecake from Asda's extra special range sounded like utter perfection when I was in need of a sweet evening treat. These came as a pack of two in clear square shaped plastic containers. These consist of a shortbread base and a peanut butter flavoured mousse filling topped with a thick chocolate ganache.


The initial flavour that was noticeable as definitely the chocolate ganache. This had a strong, rich chocolate taste which was delicious however it dominated the dessert. The peanut butter flavour was barely detectable and I ended up feeling a bit let down as I am a massive peanut butter lover. The shortbread base as incredibly crumbly and I couldn't really get it on the spoon. It was also ay too thick and made the overall dessert very dry.


Overall this dessert was alright but in all honesty I wasn't very impressed. The star of this cheesecake should have been the peanut butter filling however I barely noticed this layer. The overwhelming flavour of this cheesecake was the chocolate ganche which although enjoyable, wasn't the reason i bought this dessert. The base was dry, crumbly and way to thick for the other layers. My expectations for these cheesecakes probably were a bit too high, however this doesn't change the fact they weren't up to a partivularly good standard, especially as they are supposed to be part of an "extra special" range. I think next time I will seek an alternative dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment