Sunday 7 August 2016

Frankie & Benny's Chilli Calamari Spaghetti review

Described as pan fried calamari with salsa verde, red and green chillies, capers, garlic, red onion in a Neapolitan sauce, this spaghetti dish sounded right up my street and I was especially impressed that the menu stated that it contained under 600 calories. I was a little concerned about the heat of this dish as it contained 2 types of chilli's but my love of calamari was too strong not to try this spaghetti.


The dish came topped with basil and based on the incredibly generous portion size, I highly doubt that it contained under 600 calories but that didn't really bother me. Taste-wise, this as delicious! There as a heat to the sauce from the chilli's but it definitely wasn't so strong that it made this too spicy. There was plenty of perfectly cooked calamari throughout the spaghetti which was also nicely seasoned with a subtle hit of spice. The Neapolitan sauce as thick and the addition of the onion added to the texture. The salsa verde also added to the flavour and I would highly recommend this dish to anyone out there who is a fan of calamari and doesn't mind a bit of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment