Wednesday 15 June 2016

Marks & Spencer's Lightly Salted Pitta Chips review

Pitta Crisps are one of my favourite snacks and I love salty snacks so I couldn't wait to try these lightly salted pitta chips from a brand I trust as much as M&S. I have learnt that snacks labelled as "lightly" salted are usually quite strong in taste which is my personal preference so I was also interested to see just how salty these would be. These are a part of the "eat well" range and are a source of fibre as well as being baked rather than fried.


They were a lot thicker and crunchier than any other pitta crisps I have ever had. These were noticeably made from pitta whereas most pitta snacks just taste like thick crunchy regular baked crisps to me. I actually enjoyed the extra thick texture and I was spot on about the flavour. They were nice and salty so I needn't have worried that they would be bland. They actually tasted slightly buttery which is surprising considering that these are a "healthier" snack but I thought they wee delicious.


The salty taste wasn't so strong that these were unenjoyable and so the balance was perfect. I will certainly be picking these up again and they were surprisingly filling which I think is down to the thick texture. There was a generous portion in the bag and M&S's eat well range continues to impress me as I would never have guessed that these were a healthier baked snack due to the tasty buttery flavour. I will be on the look out for other snacks from this range.

No comments:

Post a Comment