Wednesday 13 April 2016

John West Light Lunch Mild Curry Tuna Salad review

I was in desperate need of a quick lunch on the go when I realised there were no sandwiches or sushi packs that I liked left on the shelf. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted these John West light lunches which come in a variety of flavours. I wouldn't normally go for this type of meal that you keep in the cupboard as the idea of it is slightly off putting but being as it was from such a well establidhed brand and I was starving I decided that I was going to have to give it a try.


It came in a small tin like tray and when I opened the lid, probably because of its packaging it did resemble cat food. However there was a lovely smell of mild spices which actually gave me a little bit of hope. I could see a fair amount of tuna with chickpeas, rice, peppers and sultanas in a golden brown type sauce. The packet also states that this contains under 250 calories so I was curious to see if this had any result on the taste.


I tucked in with the fork provided and was actually really impressed with the flavours. It wasn't spicy but there was a strong curry taste with a generous amount of tuna. Although it didn't appear that big of a meal I found it surprisingly filling. I enjoyed this so much more than I thought I would and have since been out and bought more varieties of these light lunch packs. If you fancy a change to your lunchtime routine then this is certainly worth a try and the convenience of not needing a fridge or a microwave just makes these even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment