Sunday 17 April 2016

ASDA Cocoa Fruity Oat Bars review

These breakfast bars are a part of Asda's Good & Balanced range and they claim to be a source of fibre, with no added sugar and also be one of your five a day. This all sounded pretty promising especially with the word "cocoa" in the title. These are actually golden syrup and vanilla fudge flavour oat bars with dried fruit and cocoa powder so essentially a spin off of the Nakd bars which are quite popular.

I opened it up and could smell some chocolate but a strong scent of dates hit me. These bars were a dark brown colour with flecks of oat running through them.  I took a bit and initially didn't know what to make of these. There was definitely cocoa present but I would say the overall flavour was probably predominantly dried fruits. I quite enjoy most dried fruits so for me by the second bite, I found myself really enjoying it.


For anyone looking for a replacement for a traditional chocolate bar, then you will probably be very disappointed but if you re the type of person who likes their sultanas and prunes, especially if you don't want something overly sweet then you might really enjoy this. There are four bars in this pack and I don't think that any of them will waste. The texture was softer than I was expecting but also less chewy. I couldn't detect the oats but again this is something that didn't really bother me because I was pretty impressed with the flavour. I'm now tempted to pick up some nakd bard to try to see how they compare.


No comments:

Post a Comment