Thursday 24 March 2016

Ambrosia Devon Custard Rice review

Ambrosia is the only custard I ever buy purely because I think it is the best tasting option available. I also buy Ambrosia rice for the cupboard as a back up dessert for emergencies (because I generally don't find it as good as Muller rice). I don't think that this is a new product but I have never seen this custard rice before. I have tried the Muller custard rice and its probably my least favourite flavour but being as I usually enjoy Ambrosia's custard I thought it would be worth a try.


This comes in a larger pot than most of the flavoured Ambrosia rice's and when I lifted the lid I saw the thick creamy coloured rice pudding tat I have tasted many times before. I gave it a good stir and it revealed the thick yellow custard lying at the bottom beneath the layer of rice. I tasted it and was completely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I much preferred this to the version by Muller and I can only put this down to the quality of the custard. It was incredibly creamy and thick and although the custard flavour was quite mild, it still contained the sweet vanilla flavour that you get from Ambrosia custard and it was certainly enough for me to be very impressed.


I will definitely be filling my cupboards with a few of these custard rice's as I think it may be my favourite flavour so far from Ambrosia. I can't honestly say that it is the best rice pudding that I have ever had and I still do prefer some of the varieties of Muller rice but then I am not the biggest fan of custard in general, however if you like your custard then I can recommend that you give these a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment