Monday 29 February 2016

Alpro Vanilla Soya Dessert review

I have previously reviewed the caramel version of this dessert and really enjoyed it and so I thought I would give this vanilla version a go. These were found in the free from isle in packs of 4 and have a ridiculously long best before date.

 
 
I lifted back the lid but there wasn't much of a smell but it revealed a thick creamy- yellowy dessert. I tasted it and it reminded me a lot of custard. I am not usually the type of person who would choose to sit with a pot of custard, however I really enjoyed this. I think this is because I like the taste of soya products so much but to me the vanilla flavour was really noticeable and there was a subtle soya aftertaste.
 
 
 
Most of my family and friends despise the taste of anything soya but I did make those of them who love custard give this a try. Now they did all say that they would rather have a pot of normal custard but they all finished them which to me says they cant be too bad even if you don't usually like soy. Basically for anyone with a lactose intolerance these are probably a real treat and for any soya lovers like myself you will probably really enjoy these. For those people who don't usually like soya products then I can't say I would suggest you try these as the soya flavour is certainly noticeable however if you do enjoy custard then you shouldn't find it unpleasant and it maybe worth a try if you fancy being adventurous and trying something new. 


No comments:

Post a Comment