Sunday 25 October 2015

Marks and Spencer's Raison and Maple pancakes review



I recently reviewed M&S's Strawberry and Dorset clotted cream pancakes and I picked these up the same time. I am the type of person who drowns pancakes in syrup so was very aware that I probably wouldn't find the maple flavour with these strong enough for my taste. However I was pleasantly surprised that there was a distinctively strong smell on opening the packet and relatively impressive taste of maple. I wont lie, I would still like it to be stronger but they had a nice enough flavour even if I was slightly underwhelmed by the overall power of the maple. The raisons were very soft and juicy even if not very evenly spread throughout all of the pancakes. I preferred the strawberry and cream variety to these but I did like these more than I thought that I would and think that these would be a hit with any maple syrup fan..... even if like me, you feel you need to add a little on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment