Friday 17 February 2017

Costa UK Halloumi and Roasted Pepper Focaccia review

Having already tasted most of the paninis and toasted products at Costa, I decided that it was finally time to try this halloumi and roasted pepper focaccia. This focaccia not only contains halloumi and roasted peppers as I expected but on closer inspection of the packaging, it also contains rocket, pesto and is topped with rosemary. I often find rocket to be an overpowering flavour so I was hesitant to buy it but feeling the need to try something new and being a lover of halloumi and pesto I decided to risk it.


The focaccia itself was rather small so I don't think I would buy it if I was feeling particularly hungry. I could instantly see that there was quite a lot of rocket inside but for some reason it didn't have a overwhelming taste that dominated the sandwich and I actually quite enjoyed it. There didn't look as though there was a lot of pesto inside the focaccia so I was pleasantly surprised at how strong the pesto flavour actually tasted. There was a decent layer of halloumi and although I was disappointed with the amount of roasted peppers, the creaminess of the halloumi complimented the slight heat from the peppers really well. I am glad that I tried this focaccia as I did enjoy the flavour of the halloumi, pesto, roasted peppers and even the rocket! In all honesty the amount of filling was very disappointing and it could have been a lot larger but I probably would buy it again purely based on my love of the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment