Sunday 19 February 2017

Marks & Spencer's Goats Cheese Lattice En Croute's review

In my experience, Marks and Spencer's gastro range provides the absolute best supermarket ready meals available. Over Valentines day, there were a lot of special offers available and I couldn't resist trying these goats cheese and caramelised onion lattice en croutes. These were a limited edition product and so being a huge lover of goats cheese I had high hopes. These came in a pack for 2 and were topped with a pumpkin seed crumb.


These en croute's took approximately 25 minutes in the oven and came out a golden brown colour. The pastry was crispy and the pumpkin seeds on top added a lovely crunch to the delicious, flaky texture. I cut into the pastry revealing the caramelised onion chutney which contained larger slices of onion than I was expecting in a deep purple coating. It was sweet and tangy just as you would imagine it would be. The goats cheese was all in the centre of the pastry so that it oozed out when cut right through. There was a large portion of creamy goats cheese that complimented the caramelised onion chutney perfectly.


These en croute's were very true to their description and I really enjoyed them. They had a very rich flavour and although I would recommend them to anyone who loves caramelised onion and goats cheese, I don't think that these would be a regular buy of mine so I'm not too upset that these are not a permanent product. I think it's great that M&S offer some exciting products for vegetarians (which I am not) but once I had finished them, I just felt like I was expecting something more. Don't get me wrong these really were tasty and I could tell they were of a very high quality. I think that the problem I had is that my expectations were just so high that these were never going to fully live up to them so please don't let me put you off because these really were pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment