Monday 4 September 2017

ASK Italian Calzone Formaggio Di Capra review

I do love an Italian and with ASK Italian being one of the most popular chains around I expect to have a good meal when I visit. Although I love calzone it is something that I very rarely have but on this occasion I decided to go all out with the Calzone Formaggio Di Capra which contains goats cheese, aubergines, roasted peppers, tomatoes, spinach, tomato sauce and mozzarella. This is a vegetarian option on the menu however I am just a little obsessed with goats cheese and so chose this over any of the meatier options.


The calzone came served with a small portion of salad and dusted with parmigiana cheese. It was a fairly big portion although far from the largest calzone I have ever had. The dough itself was deliciously crispy yet chewy with a lovely buttery flavour. I cut it open and the filling itself was a little lacking. There was a decent amount of goats cheese, mozzarella and peppers but there was next to no sauce, aubergine or spinach. In fact, I had to dig around to get a picture that looked as generously filled as this one does.


This was a pretty decent calzone but I wouldn't order it again purely due to the lack of filling. I loved the filling which was tasty, there just wasn't anywhere near enough of it. This hasn't put me off returning to the restaurant and I had an overall nice experience but this was nothing to rave about and I am unlikely to order a calzone again from ASK.

No comments:

Post a Comment