Wednesday 8 February 2017

Marks & Spencer's Count on Us Chicken Tikka Masala review

I am a big fan of both Marks and Spencer's Count on us range and Indian food so I was eager to try this chicken tikka masala. This meal has only 388 calories and is low in fat so even though I am often disappointed in ready meals, I popped this in the microwave with an optimistic attitude.


I combined the rice and the curry on a plate and the smell was quite appealing. There were a fair amount of chicken pieces throughout, as well as a generous amount of sauce and basmati rice. The chicken tasted of a pretty decent quality considering it had been microwaved and the sauce had an impressive amount of heat. The sauce however was too runny in my opinion and I think this is where the calories had been cut because it wasn't particularly creamy.


This wasn't my favourite from Marks and Spencer's count on us range but I think that this is because if I am going to have a curry I would rather go all out and sod the calories. Saying that, this is a pretty decent meal considering it is low in fat and a healthier alternative. There is plenty of chicken, rice and sauce meaning that I wasn't left hungry. The meal had a good amount of spice and I did happily finish it off, I just don't know if I would go out of my way to have it again. I will take my hat off to M&S however for this attempt at a healthier curry ready meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment